Monday, March 4, 2013

The Mountain and the Hill

Sitting on the couch watching Braiden in the kitchen swing in his swing about to fall asleep. He's practicing his new trick: clapping his hands. A new trick he discovered yesterday. Not sure if he figured it out during church or not but that's when he first started so that's what I'm going to credit it to. He's so nosy trying to peek out around the back of his swing as it goes. Now he's shakin' his noggin'. Silly boy just needs to go to sleep.

I feel like today should be a pinterest and crafty youtube kind of day. But alas, there is a mountain of laundry and a hill of dishes that need to be done. Clean laundry that has needed to be folded for a week now and clutter to be put away. When it comes to being a rockin' housewife I lack the rockin' skills part. One day I'll get the whole Suzie Homemaker thing down but I'm pretty sure today will not be that day. 15 more days until my family comes to see us and I could not be more excited. My mom is absolutely fantastic when it comes to helping around the house. I don't know how she does it but I don't take after her at all. All before I get out of bed in the morning, she'll have gotten herself up, taken a shower, eaten breakfast, gotten Braiden out of bed, fed and changed him, washed the dishes, dusted and Windexed our tables, vacuumed the floors, done a few loads of laundry, cleaned the toilets, mopped my kitchen floors and saved puppies or something crazy awesome like that. She's amazing at being a housewife and mom and I couldn't ask for someone better. (Even if she didn't do all of that.) I really don't understand how she can manage her time so well when all I seem to ever do is, well, nothing. I'm generally a pretty lazy person when it comes to cleaning and would much rather spend my day browsing the internet looking for simple ways to clean and keep a tidy home. HAHA! Terrible I know! So on that note, I'm signing off to go start the mountain of laundry and the hill of dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment